Botanical Name : Ocimum tenuiflorum
Family : Lamiaceae
Active compound : Ursolic acid
Tulsi is an aromatic plant in the family Lamiaceae. It is originated from Eastern World tropics and widespread as a cultivated plant. Generally it has been cultivated for aroma, essential oil and its diverse healing properties. Since ancient times tulsi is used in various applications. Due to its particular odour no mosquitoes and flies can come near the plant. Tulsi helps in eradicating any toxins circulating in blood and helps us from any kind of foreign invasion therefore helps in protecting our skin from acne and other skin infections as it is regarded wonderful blood purifier. Its leaves juice is an effective remedy for treating viral, bacterial and fungal infections and fever. Tulsi is an important constituent of many Ayurvedic cough syrups and tooth paste formulation. Traditionally, Tulsi have been used as a various disease alignments such fever, cough, headache, diarrhea, respiratory problems.
• Capable to inhibits the proliferation and induces apoptosis of various cancer cells.
• Decreases diet-induced obesity, Glucose intolerance and fatty liver disease.
• Increases muscle mass and help in weight management.
• May promote antifertility activity.
• Used as a hepatoprotective agent.
• Beneficial in indigestion, constipation and restoring taste of mouth.
• Enhances immunomodulatory effect in body.